Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RP-1 connected to pilot FM tuner

The reason i want to do this is because of my 20 or so radios none have a phono jack
on them ...
There is no other way i can think of to see if it works the (pilot tuner) ...
Id like to hook it up to my 40-180 or one of my other radios but don't have a clue as to how ....the tuner has no instructions on how to do this other then the phono
jack method ...other then that it says you have to take it to a shop and have a repairman do it ... Well there is no such thing as a radio repair shop anymore so im stuck with this method . and mailing it 500 miles or more and a radio plus cost of having it done is out of the question ...

Here is something i found on how to do it but can not make heads or tails as to what they are talking about ....

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Attach center wire and outside shield wire of PILOTUNER connector cable to terminals #7 and #6 respectively of the PILOTUNER, following instructions in Par. III of service booklet.

Modify the radio receiver circuit as follows: (See diagram below)

"Unsolder the wire attached to the ungrounded side of the volume control, and attach center wire of PILOTUNER connector cable to this spot. The outside shielded wire of the radio receiver. The disconnected lead from the volume control should be soldered to the center wire of a second connector cable, and through it connected to terminal #5 of the PILOTUNER. The shielded wire of this second cable should also be soldered to chassis. The radio receiver will then operate normally on standard broadcast (AM), whenever the ON-OFF switch of the FM PILOTUNER is in the OFF position."

"It lost me at ungrounded side of the volume control "

Messages In This Thread
Re: RP-1 connected to pilot FM tuner - by Howard Stricklin - 12-08-2010, 11:12 AM