Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestions for a good digital signal/function generator?

I have been using the KKmoon 6600 unit for some time.  I used to monitor the out put with a freq counter but don't any more.  Seems to be plenty accurate and stable for my use.  It is not always the most convenient to use, but then I have little experience with signal generators in general.  Changing frequencies and output involves using the arrows to select the the decimal range, then dialing it in.  If you are modulating the channel 1 output with the channel 2 frequency, and then want to change the channel 1 frequency, you have to select channel 1 which then cancels the modulation, change the channel 1 frequency, and then press the MOD button to start the modulation again.  A little inconvenient.

I have not used the sweep function as I usually use a spectrum analyzer where I need that.  I would like to learn to use it, however, to get the FM discriminator waveform they always show in FM alignment data.  Nor have I tied into a PC, which probably would make use easier, as I don't have room for a PC on my bench.  Another function I would like to play with some day.

The unit is inexpensive and has done what I need it to do.  But, like I said, I have no basis of comparison.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestions for a good digital signal/function generator? - by rfeenstra - 09-27-2019, 01:16 PM