Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it

OK, thanks, I'll have to try that. And I did take the switch out of the chassis and looked it over to see if there was any openings in the switch and I didn't see anything, because I did think about the whole contact cleaner in the switch idea myself as well, because I was thinking that maybe the switch may have carbon tracked and caused the switch to stay open because of carbon tracking in the switch.

So it looks like I may have to drill a tiny hole into the switch to get the contact cleaner in there to clean it out if the switch is indeed the problem, whats weird is that the switch has a wire going from the cord to the switch that is a three conductor wire where on the end that connects to the cord it has all three conductors being used and then at the switch it only utilizes two of the conductors and the third conductor is just cut off at where the sheathing ends and the wires begin to come out of the sheathing.

Any ideas as to what that's all about?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it - by captainclock1988 - 12-10-2019, 01:03 PM