Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it

OK, so a little update, I got this radio mostly recapped except for 3 paper caps and the electrolytics.

The three paper caps (pictured below) are oddball capacitors, one of them (which I have in the set of capacitors sent to me by Terry) has some shielding over it (as you'll see in the picture), the next one is an oddball value capacitor of .00125 MFD which I would assume would just be replaceable with a .001 MFD capacitor, which I don't have currently, and the third capacitor is a capacitor that appears to of been added later on as its not a factory original capacitor (its not marked Philco and its not anywhere in the parts list or in the parts diagram, its a .10 MFD 600 VDC capacitor that that has a black cardboard jacket, and is a Mallory branded capacitor, and its just loosely tacked onto the top of the bakelite block closest to the line filter bakelite block.

Any ideas on how to take care of those capacitors?

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it - by captainclock1988 - 12-30-2019, 03:03 PM