Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it

OK So this radio seems to have 2 antenna connections and I'm not sure which antenna connections are for which bandspreads, it has a set of Fahntock clips on top of the chassis marked ANT. and GND. and then a set of screw terminals on the back of the chassis next to the speaker jack marked RED and BLK, and I can't find any information anywhere as to which antenna connection goes to which band, all I can find is something about a Philco "All-Wave Aerial" and that's it, I can't even find anything about how that antenna worked with this radio and the built in antenna switch circuitry, or how it was supposed to be connected to the radio (or how a wire type aerial could be hooked up to this radio for that matter).
Anyone here have access to the info I need for the antenna wiring information for this radio that I need?

Also on the SW Bandspreads and the Police and Amateur Radio Band Spreads I seem to get a weird Oscillation noise that has a steady "beat" to it and I can't get that noise to go away.
Any ideas as to what that noise could be and how I can go about getting rid of it?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it - by captainclock1988 - 01-06-2020, 05:00 PM