Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it

Quote:Loose the 84 and the 6D6. The 84 has no business in the set. Swapping it for the 76 is a BAD idea. The 77 and 78 do have the same pinout as the 6C6 and 6D6 but do not make good replacements for each other. They tend to oscillate and are hard the stabilize. Stick with the intended tubes.

Well the 78 tube broke on me so it looks like I'm just going to have to order a new 78 tube, unless you have a spare 78 tube that you could send me?

As for the 84 tube, that was the tube that was in the set when I got it, and I was actually saying that it shouldn't of been in there but some people were saying it would be fine to leave in until I got the proper tube in (which I should be getting a good used 37 and 76 by tomorrow (the person I'm getting them from sent them out yesterday), so then all I would need would be a 78 tube.

Also I need some correct tube shields for this set, I looked at eBay and all they had were the square shaped tube shields which is what the later model 116s used, whereas mine is an early model 116 which used the rounded style tube shields.
Anyone have any extra Philco rounded tube shields for the 116B that they could send me?

Also as a little update I did get a lot of 4 78 tubes from eBay for $11 and free shipping and one of the 78 tubes was a Philco branded one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it - by captainclock1988 - 01-07-2020, 12:09 PM