Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it

OK so I got the old rubber bushings replaced for the tuning capacitor but now I have a little problem, for reason ever since I replaced the old dry rotted rubber bushings that were used to mount the tuning capacitor to the chassis with new replacements that were exactly the same as the originals nothing on the tuning assembly is lining up properly, the tuner pointer mask isn't lining up right with the pointer arrows like its supposed to, and the original tuning dial isn't lining up with the mounting hardware anymore either,

Anyone else have this issue? And if so what was your fix for this issue, and why would something like this even happen?

Also I'm having issues with the tuning knob assembly, I took the tuning knob assembly apart following the instructions in the Philco Library and put it back together as per the instructions in the Philco Library but for some reason or another the tuning knob assembly work like it should, the fine tuning knob turns smoothly like it should but the coarse tuning knob turns really rough and very hard and overall not very smoothly like it should, if I push in on the fine tuning knob and then turn the coarse tuning knob then it turns smoothly but as soon as I let off of the fine tuning knob then the coarse tuning knob goes back to turning hard and rough again. 
Any ideas as to what is going on with my tuning knob assembly?

Also I'm missing the clip that goes onto the tuning knob assembly (it was missing when I took the tuning knob assembly out of the radio initially, which I had found a weirdly shaped clip thingy sitting on the front of the top side of the chassis which I didn't know what it was at first, but then when I was looking at the disassembly instructions for the tuning knob assembly I realized it was the clip for the tuning knob assembly), which I had installed it back onto the tuning knob assembly but then I was having the above mentioned issue with the tuning knob assembly so then I took it apart again to make sure everything was assembled correctly and it was but then I somehow lost the clip.

So I don't know what to say to all of this stuff except that I am in serious need of help in straightening these issues out.

Thanks for any help with these matters.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it - by captainclock1988 - 01-25-2020, 08:33 PM