Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it

Yes, indeed it seems my problem with my panetary reduction drive for my tuner on my radio is indeed that I'm missing my spring clip which would hold the drive mechanism in place correctly and without that clip the ball bearings for the drive mechanism aren't sitting in their groove correctly which is resulting in a rough turning coarse tuning knob shaft, which its kind of weird that the fine tuning knob shaft isn't affected but the coarse tuning knob is. So I need a spring clip for this radio's tuning mechanism, which someone had suggested getting a clip assortment from harbor freight but because of how the original clip made (it was a D shaped clip) I don't know if a regular C-Clip or E-Clip would work in this application or not. 

Also I will definitely need a new power switch for this radio as the power switch is acting up again unfortunately after having had it working fine for nearly a month, and then it finally started sticking in the on position again, it even started tuning itself on without anyone touching it, because I had the radio plugged in to check my wiring I did when I replaced the original cord which was in sorry shape but still worked, and the radio was in the off position and I went and checked some stuff out on my computer and when I went back the radio was on and I didn't even touch it, and the knob wasn't even in the on position.

So I definitely will need a new power switch for this radio, which I talked to Mark Oppat over at Old Radio Parts, and he said he should have the switch I need but I would need to send him a picture of the original switch so he can make sure he matches the right switch assembly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it - by captainclock1988 - 01-30-2020, 04:44 AM