Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

If You Need To Learn About Radio Repair..

I went to Electronics school in Argentina in the '70s. It was a private college (much like the old ITT Institute) with a 4-year degree. Great school and great teachers with a tough program (one out of 20 graduated), designed for working individuals. We had plenty of internship opportunities and great connections to companies in various industries, which welcomed its graduates. We used the Philco-Ford books for basic Electronics as well as the US Navy Electronics Course. In addition, we had other books for more advanced theory such as the Basic Electrical Engineering by A. Kasatkin and M. Perekalin, a Russian (Soviet era) book (the Advanced book was for those following the Electromechanics path). Funny note: resistors were drawn as square waves, not triangular, and everything had been discovered or invented by guys with very Russian sounding names. We also had Calculus books, Solid State Physics, Electronics Design, and Digital and Pulse Signals books. One of the most important things was that the Philco-Ford books provided us with a simpler, yet effective, way to learn and practice electronic circuits (even the lab equipment was from Philco-Ford). Once we understood the basis of each topic, we moved onto the related mathematics, physics, and even chemistry aspects. I could only keep one of those Philco-Ford books, although I still have the complete US Navy course. By the way, I used them to teach Electricity and Electronics to wind turbine technicians. Great walk down the memory lane!

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You Need To Learn About Radio Repair.. - by W4OED - 02-23-2020, 10:41 AM