Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radio City Products Signal Generator Model 705A

Quote:I guess I would start with a connection to the freq counter. If it's a BNC, then use that, whatever it needs. Next use a coax cable that has the same impedance as the freq counter input, probably 50 or 75 ohms. Then,, since the RF has 2 sources, attach aligator clips to the free end of the coax. Now you can switch between the two RF sources. If you want to have it permanent then you need a switch to select RF or HI RF. The switch may make the HI RF act strange or induce noise. Be very careful as to how the grounds of the 2 units are handled.

Rod

It already has a switch built-in to it to switch between the high and low RF outputs, so I don't need to worry about that. 

As I already stated previously the RF High ouput on here that I would be using with the Frequency Counter uses a Banana Jack which I need to get a Banana to BNC Cable to hookup between the signal generator and the frequency counter, the Low RF Out which would be the one I would use for the actual alignment process, uses the old style Mic Jack like my Heathkit Signal Generator used, only Difference is that it actually has a plug for it that I could use to make a set of test cables for if I could find some on say Mouser that were just the cables and alligator clips and didn't have a plug on the end.

And Yes, unlike the Heathkit unit I have this unit is fully shielded and grounded for better performance quality, which is why I want to alter this unit as little as possible because they have this setup so that it is wired up with top notch accuracy in mind, and I don't want to ruin that, I believe this might of been a lab quality unit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radio City Products Signal Generator Model 705A - by captainclock1988 - 05-02-2020, 04:05 PM