Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Heath-Zenith (Heathkit) Frequency Counter Model SM-2420

Also I think I may have figured out why my signal generator isn't working, I think my Philco 116B may have become "deaf" so to speak because its not picking up any signals whatsoever on any of its band settings using just a simple wire antenna hooked up to it, which I find very strange, its acting almost like maybe a tube or two in the Radio's Front End may have failed (whether it be the one of the Detector tubes or one of the IF tubes) and unfortunately I don't have any of the tubes that are needed for those positions in this radio, I tried swapping the 1st Detector tube with the 1st Audio tube (both are type 77 tubes) and there wasn't a change in the performance of the set. 
So that only means that either the 2nd Detector tube (37 tube) died or one of the IF tubes (78 tubes) must of failed or something is wrong with the RF stage (78 tube). 

Thankfully I do have several 78 tubes in my stash that I could test to see if the IF Stages may have died or see if the RF Stage died.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heath-Zenith (Heathkit) Frequency Counter Model SM-2420 - by captainclock1988 - 05-06-2020, 12:25 PM