Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Heath-Zenith (Heathkit) Frequency Counter Model SM-2420

OK, so here's an update:

I checked my signal generator with a known good working solid state clock radio that has a transformer in it (its not a hot chassis unit), and Bands A and B are working as they should (but not very loudly, although I wasn't sure where the AM Antenna was located inside the unit as I was trying to dangle the leads outside of the cabinet to get the signal into the radio), and it was producing a 400 Hz tone, Band C-E though were not working as they should, they were producing a Radio signal as they were cutting out the radio's reception and inserting its own signal at the appropriate spots on the FM Dial (the 10.7 IF Frequency at the lower end of the FM Dial was coming in as it should) and all of the standard FM Alignment Signals were coming in strong with the signal generator on the FM Dial as they should, but the only problem was that there was no 400 Hz test signal (no modulation) on those bands just a loud humming noise that was affected by the RF output knob.

So in a way it is the Signal Generator that's messed up, and in a way it was my Philco radio that was messed up, so its 50/50 here as to what the issue is. 

I just ordered some parts for my Radio City Products Signal Generator to see if I can try that out and see if that does any better.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heath-Zenith (Heathkit) Frequency Counter Model SM-2420 - by captainclock1988 - 05-08-2020, 01:14 PM