Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Heath-Zenith (Heathkit) Frequency Counter Model SM-2420
Tongue 

Quote:In looking at the schematic for the sg-8, I don’t see any way to adjust each band so the frequency aligns with the dial setting. I’ve never had that problem with my generator. Some bands are off slightly so I just adjust the dial for the frequency I want by watching the counter. Maybe try a new 12AU7! I’ve never used my generator to align an FM radio yet. I am only guessing here but I’m thinking you might not hear the 400Hz modulation on FM. Because the generator puts out amplitude modulation that a frequency modulation set won’t respond to. Anyway, I found the whole assembly manual for your generator here...http://tubularelectronics.com/Heath_Manual_Collection/Heath_Manuals_S/SG-8/SG-8.pdf. Might have some useful info in it for adjusting your generator!

Ron

OK, well if that's the case then I guess that might explain why I'm not hearing a test tone, although on my Philco even on LW Band I wasn't able to hear anything and it used band 1 in the alignment process.

What I'm thinking is that perhaps I may have to just give up on my SG-8 and just try my luck with the Radio City Products unit, as that one I think will be a better quality unit.

I'll just have to figure out a way to get a BNC Cable to reduce down to Banana Plugs so I can use the RF Hi Output on my Radio City Products Signal Generator for the frequency counter monitoring.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heath-Zenith (Heathkit) Frequency Counter Model SM-2420 - by captainclock1988 - 05-09-2020, 11:41 AM