Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I don’t want to be just a “parts swapper”

I want to thank everyone for their input on how to better understand Electricity & Electronics. I decided to use  Basic Electricity: Complete Course, Volumes 1-5 1st Edition by Van Valkenburgh (Author), Nooger (Author), Neville (Author). It's an older book for sure and I've been told some items are "dated", but overall, I feel it's a great book for someone like me.

I am still on the 1st volume and have a question regarding the direction of current flow.
According to the electron theory; current flow is always from a (-) negative charge to a (+) positive charge. So my understanding is if a wire is connected between the terminals of a battery, current will flow from the (-) terminal to the (+) terminal.

However, I have always thought of direction of current flow in what is called the "conventional current flow". In repair/rewiring cars and trucks I have always thought of current flow in this way. So here's my dumb question. Is there any problem learning the electron theory and not conventional current flow? Everything in my book is all electron theory and I am a bit concerned if this will be a problem goining forward. Or am I missing something?
If I sound confused, it's because I am.

[Image: http://www.ispdi.com/Philco/images/ETheory.JPG]