Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New to site. What do you like about Philco?

All sounds good, thanks for your replies. Began searching around the library and found much needed factory hints and tips that will come in handy for what ever old radio I work on. Spent 36 years in electronics, transistor and digital. Tube type is a different world. Construction of parts, names of components, and in some cases, schematic symbols have changed. The instructions for tuning my first AM radio, 2 turns loosely coupled to wavemagnet, was embarrassingly puzzling. But I try putting myself in the place of those long ago techs when this was cutting edge technology. They had to know their stuff, and I'm still trying to catch up. My Zenith model H723 has beautiful FM reception with outstanding sound just from a 68 year old rubber cement patched mono speaker. AM not so hot but then most stations within 20 to 30 miles from me are just 1000 watt transmitters. Will start keeping my eye out for a Philco radio. This many enthusiasts can't be wrong.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to site. What do you like about Philco? - by TTech - 07-23-2020, 11:54 AM