Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestions for a good digital signal/function generator?

Update:

When the stimulus checks went out earlier this year, I splurged and invested in the signal generator I really wanted - a Siglent SDG1032x.

https://siglentna.com/product/sdg1032x/

Now this is what I have needed for YEARS. Punch in a frequency and it stays there. Rock solid. No drifting. What a difference it makes in alignments. I fixed up an RCA 6T5 before my last surgery and used the new Siglent to align it. Works great.

You can set everything up, then activate the channel you are using and get to work. Deactivate the channel, change frequencies, activate again and continue. Very nice.

I've been setting mine for an AM signal, modulated at 1000 kc - 30% modulation, set for 50 ohm impedance (it is switchable between 50 ohm and high Z), usually at a low enough level output to make the signal in the radio barely audible to avoid strong AVC action. Between that and the 20 dB attenuator I purchased used from the auction site, it works out well. I could set it at any level up to 100% modulation if I wish, or with no modulation.

I still use the TP coil for AC/DC radios. Only now, I have a 50 ohm resistor in series with the coil. Again, it works great. Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestions for a good digital signal/function generator? - by Ron Ramirez - 08-18-2020, 05:45 PM