Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 48-1264 Resistor R100 missing ?

Hi ,

during a long time search on ebay for the Field coil missing in the Radio that now I installed , I recapped  all the radio and found 3  bad Resistor and changed them. At the first switch on verifying the voltages I discovered the lost of voltage (240V) on pin 2 of the 7R7 tube.

Checking the Z302 I discovered no continuity between the blue and the red wire.
I opened the IF and I found 3 ohms instead of the 13 ohms between  the blue wire and the firs coil. No continuity between the red wire and the connection between the two coils.( the 10 ohms coil)
I started to unwire the coil and unfortunately it was burned and interrupted at the end of the coil and after many turns the wire must be changed.

I have some questions now.
Because I have 3 ohms between the blue wire and the first connection of the coil this means that also the first coil has some problems? It will be challenge rewinding it has a connection with the C302 capacitor in the middle of the coil....

I was not sure about the position of the coil after the Wax cleaning I checked all the other coils on Z302 . They have continuity and the right ohms.

The coil I unwired is the first thin with many turns 4 parallels and all the other on top. Is it the right one? Because after the fiftieth turn I lost the count what is the right number of turns? What kind of wire I need to buy to rewind the coil?.

I attached a Photo the coil open is the first ring on the bottom near the soldering connector

Thanks

Camillo

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 48-1264 Resistor R100 missing ? - by ascion90 - 10-11-2020, 06:03 PM