Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Identify this radiobar.....

Nice to see you here again, Arran. I hope you will feel free to post here more often.

I must respectfully disagree with your analysis of the dial opening, however. A careful look at the photo showing the dial and knobs shows the cut is uneven all around. As an example, the left side vertical flat cut is longer than the one on the right side of the dial.

Someone tried to match this one up, but it also looks to me that the upper part of the front panel was replaced with the piece now in there. Notice the horizontal trim under the knobs? I looked at pictures of similar Radiobar models with Philco chassis, and on them, the entire front panel is one piece with no trim dividing the radio controls from the speaker grille.

When the Radiobar Corporation first started making Radiobars, they used chassis supplied by RCA and Philco. Within a few years, Radiobar was using Philco chassis exclusively.

The cabinet in question is a style which is often seen with 1936 or 1937 Philco chassis inside, by which time Radiobar was only using Philco chassis, according to the (admittedly) little bit of info I have here.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
Identify this radiobar..... - by Ryanservant - 01-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Re: Identify this radiobar..... - by Ron Ramirez - 01-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Re: Identify this radiobar..... - by Arran - 04-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Re: Identify this radiobar..... - by Ron Ramirez - 04-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Re: Identify this radiobar..... - by Arran - 04-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Re: Identify this radiobar..... - by Ron Ramirez - 04-11-2011, 08:46 AM