Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any Model 65 restorers/owners out there?

I've put my 65 away and am busy helping wife get ready for a yard sale so there is no chance of my being able to open it up again anytime soon.

However...

Looking at the schematic, terminal 1 of the filter condenser block connects to one of the filament pins of the 280 tube (which also connects to terminal 1 of the power transformer); to one side of filter choke (21), and also to terminal 2 of the filter condenser block.

Parts 2 and 3 of my model 65 rebuild are on my blog; I'll be posting part 4 tomorrow; part 5 Friday; and parts 6 and 7 next week. I don't know if any of those photos will help, but feel free to look at them. A tip: Depending on which browser you use, you can right-click any photo on my blog and select "Open image in new tab" or "View original image" and you will then see a larger image.

Regarding the oscillation in my set, I've replaced all of the bypass caps. The only capacitor I did not replace is one mica capacitor in the detector circuit, part (15).

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Model 65 restorers/owners out there? - by Ron Ramirez - 08-10-2021, 06:29 PM