Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 16B 5 band Code 121 Help Please

Check the vane to see if its stuck. Try blowing on it. It's delicate and breaks easily. Wouldn't hurt to put a small bit of oil on the pivot points. Do this by putting a very small amount of oil on a piece of solid wire (like one on a mylar cap 24g or so). Gently touch to the pivots. It's like your oiling a watch, no drops of oil.

If you have a milliamp meter handy you can measure the current w/the s/m out of the circuit. Should see abt 10ma difference from strong to weak signal.

The bulb alignment will make a big difference in how well you can see the deflection of the vane. The filament of the bulb should be lined up with the slot in the back of the meter. You'll figure it out, it just takes a little bending of the bracket and twisting the lamp socket.

Here's a few pics of the s/m coil apart. https://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthrea...829&page=3  Go down to post 46 or so. Happy fill in the blanks if you have questions.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 16B 5 band Code 121 Help Please - by Radioroslyn - 02-09-2022, 09:21 PM