Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hooray! I Finally Got a 'BIG DOG' Philco

etech Wrote:Ron - I remember reading in a post a while back that RadioDaze did not have the correct font for the Philco decal on these sets. I can't remember exactly, but I think there was some discussion that possibly AES had the correct font? Is this true?
Yes, it is true. The AES "PHILCO" decals are the correct font as used on 1937 and later Philcos.

However...

Upon careful examination, it appears that the Radio Daze DCL-PH-HiFi decals are in the correct fonts for 1932-36 and 1937-up. If your 38-690 needs the PHILCO decal, you would have to use the DCL-PH-HiFi anyway, to get the "High Fidelity" script (and you would want the one with the script, not the "HIGH FIDELITY" in block letters which would have been used on the 1937 Hi-Fi models as well as the 200, 201, 116X and 680X).

The other Radio Daze "PHILCO" decals use a modern font which does not match any original Philco decal.

I wrote to Radio Daze about this issue...they did not bother to respond. Who am I, anyway. I'm the Invisible Man. What the H**l do I know. No, it is going to take lots of letters and emails from you guys to get their attention. They are not going to listen to just one person.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread