Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Atwater-Kent Original Service Data

I worked for a guy that had an Edison (can't remember what the model was called) that played either Victor style records using a Victor style Sound Box or the really thick Edison disks with the grooves that moved the needle vertically as opposed to horizontally. The Sound Box for the Edison Disks had a permanent diamond needle. I wonder if an aftermarket manufacturer made a permanent needle for the Victor records, and if not, why not. I thought that I once saw a similar type needle in a 40s version crystal cartridge with a chuck for the Victor steel needles. He has passed away and I don't know what happened to the records or machine.

Ms. Fixr is not enamored of either my radio and TV collection or my desire for a few classic cars, so I don't have the room for a Victrola, and (I assume) that the Edison Cylinder machines are as much out of my reach as a Scott Philharmonic or Zenith Stratosphere. However, I did go crazy and buy a Westinghouse RC and an AK 10 (the Breadboard is for a Pooley Cabinet though) I have restored both to working condition. The "patina" on the RC wood cabinet is too nice to touch. I have BBT Radiotrons and a and a Deforest ceramic based "Audion" in the 1st RF Stage of the A-K, and BBTs in the Westinghouse. I currently are most jazzed about these radios, as the Westinghouse is 100 years old.

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atwater-Kent Original Service Data - by RodB - 06-11-2022, 07:47 AM
RE: Atwater-Kent Original Service Data - by MrFixr55 - 06-13-2022, 06:24 AM
RE: Atwater-Kent Original Service Data - by RodB - 06-18-2022, 07:16 PM
RE: Atwater-Kent Original Service Data - by RodB - 06-19-2022, 07:44 AM