Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1950 Emerson TV resurrection attempt

I had a rare opportunity to stay inside this evening so I headed to the radio room and decided to see if there was any life in this 1949 Emerson TV. I connected the tube filaments to full 120v and the B+ through a diode off my variac. I brought it up slowly and I could get a little light on the screen (1st pic). On the 2nd attempt I could only get a vertical line. I was quite surprised I had a full 5000 volts on the high voltage, some sync but in the 2nd picture I can clearly see the horizontal died. I'm sure the output caps are leaky or shorted. I do have sound (I can buzz it from the detector cap) but no static or signs of it passing a signal from the tuner. I had to add a couple filter caps to get my power up enough, the originals are dead) but I think this is stunning for a 74 year old TV do do this with very little help! I'll get some parts ordered and see if I can bring this old set back to full life!

Attached Files Image(s)

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
1950 Emerson TV resurrection attempt - by TV MAN - 03-26-2023, 08:47 PM
RE: 1950 Emerson TV resurrection attempt - by TV MAN - 04-16-2023, 09:20 PM