Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"37 & '38-116 tube shield compliment

Thanks for those pics Carl,

The first pic shows a 10 shield count Icon_eek & the second picture shows a 9 shield count.

Both pics have a shield over the 6R7 tube, 2nd row over, 2nd tube up from the left.
My '38 chassis(9tube shield mounts) does not have that shield Mount for a shield. Both chassis I have, have shields over the two 6J5 tubes that are first in both rows at the left.

In the 2nd picture, it looks like some one might have removed the tube shield mount in the lower left corner, in order to accomodate that 6J5 GT dia. tube. Shouldn't that tube be shielded regardless? Both the chassis I have, have a tube shield & mount at that lower left corner location.

I had some one count the shields in thier '38 chassis, they also came up with 11 Icon_eek Now I see two pics that have a 9 & 10 shield count. Icon_eek

My '37 cabinet with a '38 tube compliment has 11 shields.
5 in the 1st row @ left
2 in the 2nd row from left &
4 up on top of the tuning chassis

Evidently I NEED some one to tell me the shield requirements for a '37 code 121&122 chassis & a '38 code 125, because I, certainly can't glean that from the schematics.

With that 10 Icon_eek shield picture it now throws another "log onto the fire" Icon_rolleyes

Thanks Again, Carl, Icon_smile
Lloyd

Messages In This Thread
Re: "37 & '38-116 tube shield compliment - by CrumblingWires - 06-19-2011, 03:36 PM