Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1929 model 76 lowboy with tapestry

Chicago Jimmy Wrote:Thank you for the quick response. This is in an antique shop in one of our expensive suburbs.They have it priced at $279.00... I have no intention on paying that price. When I get a chance I'll head back there and take a closer look..and see if he's willing to deal.

It's a typical four legged console from 1929-31, very few of these are what one would call high demand sets, model 76 Philcos aren't even close to being rare, they were a good performing set sold at a reasonable price at the time so there are a lot still around. If it were electrically restored it might be a $200 radio (more to the right person which isn't often), decent original, as is, maybe half that depending on how much you like it. If you like that cabinet there were model 95 and 96 versions sold as well which has a 9 tube chassis, the 96 also has an automatic volume control. If you really want one of these, or any other console from that era, for a reasonable price, the Antique Radio Club of Illinois has their swap meet coming up this summer.
Regards
Arran

P.S If anyone has spare knobs and a tube shield fro a Philco 96 please let me know, I need one of the small and one of the medium sized knobs in dark brown.

Messages In This Thread
Re: 1929 model 76 lowboy with tapestry - by Uffda - 06-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Re: 1929 model 76 lowboy with tapestry - by Arran - 06-24-2011, 04:24 PM