Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-630 Possible Silver Migration Problem

I have flown by the seat of my pants over enough years in replacing bakelight philco condensers in many of their various year models sets of radios that nothing surprises me in that buried in tar and tie points philco condensers jungle. What a "dealer scam" that was from the getgo to get folks to purchase "original" parts!! I use Riders schematics and can most usually evaluate the needed replacement parts in most old radios from either the philco pages in Riders, or other brands that used the same type circuitry in same year models. I can see where the Philco condenser book AES sells would be beneficial to newbies in this hobby. So far, Taint never been one philco bakelight block I haven't figgered out yet going by either philco, or other mfgrs similar schematics that used similar circuits, with or without the philco condenser code numbers book. And replacing the old rubber grommets on the RF deck after I remove it can be done by cutting and fitting small hard black rubber vintage style faucet washers avail for cheap at Lowes, HD, or hardware stores. They will last a lot longer than gum rubber type replacements. Best of luck with your restorations! Icon_wink

Messages In This Thread
Re: 37-630 Possible Silver Migration Problem - by Texasrocker - 07-04-2011, 09:56 PM