Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco radio modernizing customization project DONE!

sondowner, if you can use a soldering iron, then you can repair it.

The parts are already all there, you just have to replace the broken ones.

Not only will you be able to contemplate a beauty from another time, but listend to it as well.

I too bought a "broken radio" not too long ago; was said to not be in working order.
Turns out I could get AM with hum and crackling sound - altough no FM. Then I found this place and they pointed me in the right direction about fixing it up.

Now its AM is more spectacular then modern-day radio, and I use the phono input like I would an amplifier. Musicians would kill for a push-pull 6V6 10W amp like that!

All it takes is the proper parts, and a few hours here and there. This fall I want to bring FM back and complete the recap job. In the meanwhile, I am constructing myself an AM transmitter.

This can not only be a fun project, but also result in a very reliable radio that would outlast you.

Not everyone who has old time radios are tube experts. I sure am not. Never touched a tube before owning the radio you see in my avatar.

About the other project; well... I like where you went, but I wouldn't have put that much flashy on it. I am in the philosophy that a little can go a long way.

BTW what software do you use? I personally like Silverjuke...

-Mars

Messages In This Thread