Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Opinions On Telefunken Opus 7

Mikhail7 Wrote:Hi Glenn,

I haven't done anything with the radio yet except to remove the back. The dial cord is still strung but must be binding on something. Yes, the top has some crazing on the finish and is missing one thumbwheel knob on the right. I'll probably bring it up on the variac some time tomorrow. I had heard that some of these West German raduos from that era have great sound. For $35 I couldn't pass it up. Looks like all tubes are present.

Mike

WOW ! you got a great deal, They go for big $$ on E-pay. My BP, which was very reasonable too, will pickup FM stations over 100 miles away with a strong, clear signal. I modified one of tape input on the back to accept a 3.5mm jack for a computer/cell phone/Ipod hookup. it was a simple addition and the correct size hole was already in the chassis too Icon_biggrin . For some reason too the volume/tuning mechanisms do bind. Both of mine were gummy. A little Deoxit, some electronic lube and they were good to go. I was a little hesitant about a German set, some say they are over-complicated, maybe so but I found them to be fairly straight forward. I think I was lucky too, neither were molested, so a little alignment to the AM and the FM was good, tubes were all good too. I have a Grundig 3095 and a Blaupunkt Sultan console with turntable I got at an estate sale for $20 total. The Grundig is my shop radio, it has some issues but it works.. Icon_smile . The Sultan is dead and it's going to stay that way for awhile, The Philco 14LZ is next on the bench.
Mike, Good luck with it, the electrostatic speakers sometimes have foam problems, there is a good site on how to rebuild them. I can't locate it now, but if you google it I know it will come up (that's how I found it). Gotta love the internet.

Glenn

Happily back in Illinois..not.

Messages In This Thread
Opinions On Telefunken Opus 7 - by Michael Dennis - 08-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Re: Opinions On Telefunken Opus 7 - by Glenn Roberts - 08-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Re: Opinions On Telefunken Opus 7 - by codefox1 - 08-09-2011, 10:31 PM