Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 20 restoration state: need the voltage chart

Arran

Thanks,

yes those are carbon resistors, and I ordered everything from Mouser yesterday. All 5 of them.
Plus, what bugs me (I am sure it does not matter) - the mica cap bypassing the detector's (24) anode, which is supposed to be 250pF, when disconnected and measured, was 400pF.

I thought mica caps were long-term stable. I am sure this does not matter much in this case, but ordered another mica cap for the 250pF just in case.

I want to have all resistors right, so to compare the DC voltage values with the chart first, otherwise it becomes a guessing game. My non-tube troubleshooting experience tells me "get all values right, then troubleshoot". Usually makes all that much easier.

The last thing I will check is those potted caps and the two caps in metal boxes (so far I measured two of the potted caps I could easily unsolder, and their values were right where they are supposed to be). Hopefully the rest is like this also.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco 20 restoration state: need the voltage chart - by morzh - 10-28-2011, 10:44 AM