Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Motorboat audio I can't shake Help!!

I got some time tonight on this troubled radio and I discovered that it works great without its loop antenna!! The jumper wire I used to connect the tuning condenser to the loop antenna fell off and suddenly the audio became clear along with being able to get many channels. SO what does that mean?
There are two wires coming off of the loop antenna(obviously). I believe one goes to the top of the tuning condenser and the other goes to a wax covered coil next to the tuning condenser. At least that was the way it was setup when I got it. This wax covered coil is grounded to the chassie through a capacitor. Every time I connect the loop ant. to the top of the tuning condenser it blows the whole thing out of wack again. I switched the wires around and I get the same thing. Every time I try to connect to the tuning condenser it messes it up. It doesnt happen when I connect to the wax covered coil. Is this a tuning issue or a ground I am missing on the loop antenna? Maybe the tuning condenser? Has anyone heard of a loop antenna messing up a working radio? IF so what was the problem? Should I just attach a long wire to act as an antenna to the top of the tunning condenser and call it a day? I really was trying to not do that and run the radio as it was intended and utilize the cool intacted antenna inside the radio case. Thanks for your help, it really looks good and starting to come together.

Messages In This Thread
Motorboat audio I can't shake Help!! - by Guest - 07-12-2006, 12:11 PM
[No subject] - by Bill Hutchinson - 07-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Works good without loop antenna, what gives???? - by Guest - 07-16-2006, 09:01 PM
[No subject] - by Bill Hutchinson - 07-16-2006, 09:36 PM
What u do? Don't know but would do it again! - by Guest - 07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
[No subject] - by 49Stude63 - 07-19-2006, 02:33 PM
[No subject] - by Bill Hutchinson - 07-20-2006, 03:25 PM