Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need some help

I am new to both this site and to restoration of my Philco radio and I have a couple questions I hope you can help me with. The chassis is type 14 with a code 121.
I aquired this radio some 20+ years ago and at one time it did work. Over the years it has sat unused and untouched (I did replace the fabric in front of the speaker a few years ago). I would love to get it back in playing condition.
Today I plugged it in and turned it on thinking I could see that all the tubes lit up. Well they all did except for a type 80 that was broken. Then I smelled the transformer getting too hot, in fact it started smoking so I unplugged it and have pulled the chassis out of the cabinet.
I am looking to try to find a transformer to replace ole smokey. The transformer has Philco 6804 stamped on the bottom. I have tried to search the web for this replacement but have not been succesful so I am hoping you can direct me where to look. I have not desoldered any of the wires yet because I want to do them when i replace so i don't screw up where they go.
Looking forward to all the help and ideas you can give me.

Messages In This Thread
Need some help - by TTNC - 08-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Re: Need some help - by Ron Ramirez - 08-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Re: Need some help - by gvel - 08-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Re: Need some help - by TTNC - 08-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Re: Need some help - by TTNC - 10-11-2011, 11:50 AM