Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 20 restoration state: need the voltage chart

I am not sure they used lytics either, and from what I read, Mershons, when they appeared, were used on hi-end radios. Wide use of them came in 40-s, not in beg 30-s.
But why the heck do they show "+" signs on 3 out of 4 filter caps? Both in the sch and in the can layout?

BTW what are the voltage ratings of the filter caps / bakelite potted caps? Or should I start making educated guesses? I think for the filter 600V is a good number for the two in the LC filter. The one across the choke can be 50V (I think 20-30V is the dropout) but I would use a 100V, and the one across the multi-tap resistor needs to be at least 300V (150V dropout), so might as well make it the same 600V as the other two.

Yes, I will replace them. I just want to get the reception working properly, and not the way it is now - loud and clear when I touch the plates or remove the screen.(I think one tube is bad and hence my reception problems, and I even know which one is bad, by swapping them around).
---------------------------
So, who knows what is the reference point of the voltage measurement? I would assume GND (chassis) but then some things I cannot explain or understand (like the 8V at a cathode tied to the Chassis etc).

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco 20 restoration state: need the voltage chart - by morzh - 11-04-2011, 11:11 PM