Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

49-1615 Radio and M-12c Record Player Cabinet

You're lucky on the record player; mine was 78 rpm only, and had a cartdrige that is extremely hard to find; so reconstructing the changer would prove very hard and not very useful.

It would be good to see pictures of the rust, in order to be able to suggest an appropriate fix. On mine it seemed bad but really was more surface (and I suspect mouse poo to have taken a big place too)
I cleaned it with an old toothbrush and some denaturized alcool. Did an OK job. I had been suggested to rip all electronics and wash it with the backyard hose!!! (my radio is too complex for a newbie like me to do that and expect a working result, really)

In my radio, some wax capacitors and wires had been chewed by Mickey and friends; you might want to ensure there's no exposed wires and nothing is missing.
With your parts list, can you identify what capacitor is what? the ceramics and mica should still be good, but the paper/wax and electrolitics should be changed. They can become hasardous.

-Mars

Messages In This Thread
Re: 49-1615 Radio and M-12c Record Player Cabinet - by Marsupial - 10-01-2011, 10:15 AM