Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 39-45 restoration: speaker wiring question and more

Thanks for the reply, Arran.
I was dreading having to go through the resistors and testing them all, so I might just cut to the chase and go ahead and replace all with modern carbon film type. I'm guessing 1/2 watt would do it for all? I would really like to test the tubes before even doing that, if possible. Someone has already changed a few and had to bend back the metal shield socket bases to get the new ones in wider pin bases) ... shields are missing too.

I'm learning as I go, so thanks for the patience. I mainly work with low voltage 9 volt battery stuff like guitar effects pedals, bat detectors, blah, blah. I dabbled with recapping and changing a power transformer in a radio a few years ago, but have not studied up on the workings of 'em since and am completely ignorant of alignment.... really have an excuse to get deeper into it now, which is good. Maybe I can find an old tube tester and RF signal generator for an affordable price in the near future.
I'll try to get some pics up next.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco 39-45 restoration: speaker wiring question and mo - by greenskull - 10-08-2011, 03:48 AM