Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 20 restoration state: need the voltage chart

Hey Ron

Thanks, this is what I thought, so I'm glad I am on the same page (I did pretty thorough research on resources 2.5 years ago but then got sidetracked, and then forgot what I placed and where - I even had that voltage chart, as I just found out Icon_smile ) with you guys with my opinion about the websites you've listed.

Dogbone, huh...is this what they're called? Are there specs on them (or maybe you know) power-wise?

Philco 20 uses 50K, 100K, 250K and 500K resistors, and I hadn't seen the power rating though from UI specs on the schematics I can make a guess as to what I need.
It's a pity - the ones Mouser sells won't look as good Icon_smile

BTW on e-bay people sell Dubillier dogbones, for Grid-leak detectors and such, but not the values I need unfortunately. It'd be ideal.

Last question:

How was the antenna connected inside the cabinet? I have to pretty frayed wires; not sure if they formed a closed contour (from antenna contact to GND contact), or if it was an open one?
I don't think the GND was really required to be connected to the house Earth GND.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco 20 restoration state: need the voltage chart - by morzh - 10-27-2011, 11:37 AM