Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 20 restoration state: need the voltage chart

>Now, I started touching anodes (plates)
You are lucky you didn't get knocked on your Bum!!
Please don't do that as most of the anodes has around 200-300vdc on it. It smarts ALOT!

I suspect that the reason that you are losing reception then you installed the protection screen is that you didn't have an antenna connect to the set. It's actual propose is to stop the 3 tubes from interacting with each other. It also blocks out any radio signals too. Not to protect tube from breakage.Another thing to check is the primary windings on all the rf coils. Can be done without removing them but the ant coil you'll have to test with the set unplugged and the volume full up lest you will be measuring the resistance of the volume control. All should show a very low resistance like a few ohms if not it's time to rewind!

The voltage and current listing on the diagram is just to let you know how much the anode current of each tube should be drawing. If you have close to what the stated voltage is then you'll fine.

Probably should rebuild the caps if you don't want to burn up the power transformer or your house. Safety First!
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco 20 restoration state: need the voltage chart - by 7estatdef - 11-02-2011, 07:08 PM