Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Re-stuffing the Power Filter Box Can assembly in Philco20

Thank y'all guys,

But I had a free day yesterday and could not wait for the answers, so I did it the hard way.

I put the can in the garage inside a wide cardboard box (so I have a free space for moving hands), and with the help of a large drill, chisel and elbow grease in 3 hours picked ot the whole D**n thing.

Yes, I got me a blister on my right hand (for those with dirty minds: from the chisel! Icon_mrgreen Though the process is very much reminiscent of...oh well....) Icon_biggrin

I cleaned up the can with a bit of a lacquer thinner, riveted the soldering panel back to the bezel (I had caps bought in advance), soldered the caps, and all is now honky-dory. Almost honky-dory.

But this probably requires the separate topic.

Happy thanksgiving, to all of you! Icon_biggrin

PS. Texasrocker - it is MY kitchen! My wife is allowed there by special dispensation only - I am the cook of the house. And the oven is mine. And the set of Wusthof knives, which my wife does not even know how to handle - she prefers the dull one, being afraid of a sharp knife. And a huge a** meat grinder. And my cast iron Griswold skillets and bowls.
Actually, she's happy that way. Me too. We both get to eat good food. Icon_mrgreen

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.