Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Removing Poly finish from a Philco 46-480

Ron is right, as usual. Most chemical strippers will work, but it will certainly take two or more applications. If you can, opt for a slow drying type and work one surface at a time. The usual assortment of helpers for grooves and crevices will be needed. I try to use found items like warped chopsticks filed down to fit whatever I need to clean out. When you get down to the stained veneer you may be able to get some of the stain out with either more remover or paint thinner. There are of course bleaches which can be used, but that's above my pay grade, other than a little clorox with a artist's brush to minimize the ever present ring caused by a porous flower pot on the top (one advantage of cathedral types!)

As always, better outdoors, safety glasses, gloves, let all the crap dry out from the newspapers before stuffing in the trash.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing Poly finish from a Philco 46-480 - by jadaman - 03-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Re: Removing Poly finish from a Philco 46-480 - by codefox1 - 11-26-2011, 02:53 PM