Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 42-345 vid with antenna attachment

I just finished a complete electronics & complete rewire restoration on a Philco 41-280 that uses the same outdoor longwire antenna balancer plug-in unit. I think you need to make sure the switch contacts on your longwire antenna coupler is making good contacts and clean them with Deoxit, then spray them with WD-40. The switch seems to be not working properly! Not much change in your Radio reception. However, the 41-280 model I just restored, there is a Huge difference when switching the "local -long distance" switch on back of the chassis. The long distance setting greatly improves both AM & Shortwave reception on this set here. Seems that something is wrong in your "switch" on the plug-in box. Night & Day difference when working correctly, and not happening at all on your video! Spray the switch with contact cleaner! Your "missin" it!! Once you get the switch cleaned up, leave it on "distant" setting, you WILL hear the Big difference in reception off your outdoor longwire antenna on both AM & Shortwave bands! There is also a chance the internal components in your plug-in box was zapped by a previous lightning strike years ago. If so, rebuild it, you will hear the difference in reception immediately when you change the switch between local & distant!! Best of luck resolving the problems/ issues in your video!Your Original Philco plug-in longwire antenna matcher definately isn't working correctly at all. I enjoyed your video.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco 42-345 vid with antenna attachment - by Texasrocker - 12-10-2011, 02:05 AM