Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

296 Concert Grand Radio & Phonograph

Jayce Wrote:
TA Forbes Wrote:I must agree, 1995.00 is a little steep. But they are pretty rare....
I concure the price seems steep, but seeing the production numbers are the same as the Zenith Strats, at least it isn't as steep as one of those. Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! Icon_biggrin

Production numbers aside I wouldn't use a Zenith Strat as an anology for anything, for one thing we are comparing apples to oranges since it's 4-5 newer, has a big black dial, and the name Zenith on it, if we were comparing a top model 1930 Zenith to a Concert Grand then it would. The 1000Zs also have two chassis in the back that are not shared with any other Zenith model, the Concert Grand is a Philco 95 or a 96 with a fancy cabinet and a phonograph. As special as they are Zenith Strats are outrageously overpriced, more then a top end RCA, more then a top end Stromberg, even more then a Scott or a McMurdo Silver. As a matter of fact most cars don't cost as much as a Zenith 1000Z, although I have heard that the price has dropped quite a bit from it's peak.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
Re: 296 Concert Grand Radio & Phonograph - by Arran - 01-23-2012, 11:18 PM