Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

actual RCA model V-215 schematic needed

Saved the RCA model V-215! I flew by the seat of my pants using Riders schematic, no RCA info offered by S. Johnson needed. This is one of the Best sounding 1941 RCA radios ever produced through P/P 6F6's I have ever heard indeed! I am including a link to photobucket to see "before & after " photos of what I had to work with (top chassis views). This 1941 RCA V-215 "anniversary model" radio chassis now has all new point-to-point wiring under chassis, all new capacitors, I placed the 4 new electrolytics under chassis on terminal strips, removed the top original cans, and made room to mount the output trans from the defective original Spkr. Added new 1700 ohm 20 watt (combined) field coil w.w. resistors under chassis also. At modern day line voltages, the B+ was running too high. I then added a low voltage type ac bucking transformer to drop the voltage on original power trans secondaries. My customer purchased a new Jensen 12" 25 watt full range spkr to compliment this restoration. Hope this photo link works, I remember Ron's requests about posting photos here.
http://s576.photobucket.com/albums/ss202/Texasrocker1/

Messages In This Thread