Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

advice needed: restoring 47-1230 - FM & AM now works!!!! :D (uncertain about SW)

codefox, I appreciate the concept of changing all and every resistors.
On a smaller radio, I would without any hesitation. I have a 5 tube radio that has less than 15 caps and about 20 or 25 resistors, all is going to be changed.

but that 47-1230 is a monster. There is more than 100 resistors, not all easy to reach due to the construction of the chassis. I've already spent quite some time on this radio, and it is far from being done. If I have to remove and replace every single components from the radio one by one to ensure there's no mess-ups, it could take years!

Right now the power and amp sections are redone. AM and FM works. the phono connection works (not the phono itself)
I am uncertain about SW being that I don't even know what to try to listend to (and there's still some bad caps in the AM/SW section so I hear a lot of noise)

I want to mention that the FM section is awesome. Better reception than modern equipment. And completely quiet between stations. Surprisingly awesome.

-Mars

Messages In This Thread
RE: advice needed: restoring 47-1230 - FM & AM now works!!!! :D (uncertain about SW) - by Marsupial - 07-06-2012, 09:28 AM