Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

need help identifying chassis model #

Hello fellow vintage radio restorers!! I am new here, but not new to restoring vintage tube radios from the 1920s-early 50s of many different brands & models TRFs- early,late superhets. We have over 100 completely restored radios in our collection including several nice Philco models also.Anyways, my wife brought home a family-heirloom Philco "chassis only" that her older bro gave to her that was separated from its orig small console cabinet many yrs ago. I have looked thru all my JF Riders, and noticed that all Philco models were'nt covered. I have narrowed the search down to closest schematic I have, but it is still not the identical circuit. What I have, is a 1937-38 Philco 6-tube chassis ( with RF subchassis) tube lineup: (2-6K7,1-6A8,1-6K7,1-5Y4 rectifier,& 1-6F6, and remnants of the orig "shadow tuning indicator" orig Philco part #45-2189 ( missing all hardware that it originally attached too, and it's lens? possibly part of the orig escutcheon glass dial cover in orig cabinet?) The closest Riders schemat I have that resembles this chassis is the Philco mod 37-2620, however, this chassis has no phono-input connector, and the #37-2620 doesnt have "shadow tuning". Perhaps I need to purchase a schematic not avail in Riders that covers this "mystery" model??? Of course, the orig field-coil spkr & transformer, orig dial bezel, has all disappeared in the past, and I need info on all those orig-specs as well as parts missing that mounted the orig shadow tuner either to chassis or the bezel? As remembered from wifes brother, the orig console cabinet had "rounded" top corners, and the orig spkr-assembly mounted underneath the chassis similar to the Philco model #37-624-J shown on this website in the photos section. Sorry for this LONG first-time post here!! Any and all help is very-much appreciated for proper model # of this particular Philco chassis before I start working on it. Sincerely, Randal

Messages In This Thread
need help identifying chassis model # - by Texasrocker - 06-11-2007, 07:41 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 06-11-2007, 10:38 PM