Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mohawk finishing products for Philco 47-1230

Thanks a lot for the tips Ron!
I knew the weather today was not ideal, cold and almost rainy.
The thing is that this fall is rather cold and it took forever to get products here up north.
My thinking had been "better now than next week, it'll be even worst!"
Well, that's what I got.

But it got me a practice run and the radio is no longer unprotected. Now that I know where/how to get toner, it will be a pleasure to redo it properly. It is already better than other radios I have seen on eBay, but not to my satisfaction. I decided to wait simply because it makes more sense than trying to rush against weather (that won't get any warmer soon) and because I prefer finishing it properly. It was almost perfect after the first layer ad I think having a bit more experience with toner would have made a difference, but when things don't turn out as planned, sometimes it is better to take a step back instead if trying something illogical... my first toughts were to "finish it before its too cold" but really it makes no sense.
I was tempted to get another can of medium brown and patch things up, but I know it will be visible and bug me... So better do it properly and be done with it. I have been working on "my" console for over a year now, what's a few more months?

-Mars

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mohawk finishing products for Philco 47-1230 - by Marsupial - 10-13-2012, 08:49 PM