Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

And, finally...a Scott Philharmonic!

There were two versions of the Philharmonic. I had one of the first ones that came from New Orleans, and had horrible chromium plaating. While the set worked like ma demon, the plating was so bad, that it became one that I disposed of when I thinned down my Scott sets. I had around 19 of them, and knew that I'd never get to them, nor get any of them done.

The second version is this one that Ron has. There had been a volume expander in it, that used the second tuning eye as a sort of indicator, as I understand. The expander was replaced with the FM channel o the one hat Ron has. Either one is a holy grail, however.Note the additional hole in the speaker board They aren't covered off, so this set could have had the optional tweeters. They go, typically, for around 1000 bucks a set. I kept an Imperial Allwave, and I have the tweets for it.

One funny little anecdote here. One of the Scotts I had used a Wellington cabinet for an Imperial Allwave set. There was a guy in the area who had a Philco 37-690 that he would let go in trade for a Scott Imperial Allwave in a Wellington cabinet.

You'll never guess how I got my 37-690!

Messages In This Thread
RE: And, finally...a Scott Philharmonic! - by Doug Houston - 10-15-2012, 05:03 PM