Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canadian made 25-40 cycle A.C. Philco Radios

... received my latest eBay purchase. Luckily, I got it cheap!! I bought it for the "shadowmeter escutcheon assembly"only to complete a US made Philco restoration. The metal chassis label is stamped (made in Toronto) model 38-09C. The cabinet paper label says it it a model 38-9C. Got the hard to find shadowmeter escutcheon assy I have been searching for, and all the internal shadowmeter assy is intact also. This radio is the old (25-40 cycles AC) as opposed to US 60-cycles on the AC line. The seller advertised the radio in working-condition in his eBay ad, but after close inspection under the chassis, I dont see how this radio could have been working at all, in the past 60 yrs period!! Doesnt really matter cause I bought it for a "parts only" Radio. If it worked as advertised, it probably didnt take long to "smoke", ( another reason to never plug-in vintage radios before careful servicing)!! I am wondering if the seller was telling the truth about his eBay listing this old Radio as "working, w/ no hums"!! Is Canada still operating on 25-40 cycles on the AC line these days?? TR

Messages In This Thread
Canadian made 25-40 cycle A.C. Philco Radios - by Texasrocker - 07-31-2007, 09:19 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 08-01-2007, 09:37 PM
[No subject] - by Guest - 08-22-2007, 06:06 PM
25 cycle Atwater kent - by Guest - 09-14-2007, 09:06 PM