Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-630 (late version)mid chassis cap question

I just about have the mid-chassis completed as far as full recap and all new point to point wiring replaced. I left the leads long enough to reach over into main-chassis for their proper connections. I completed full main chassis recapping & all new point to point wiring last week, even back into power-trans internal connections. Did a close check of the power-trans and all voltages are working properly. Waiting for my new repro Philco mid-chassis mounting-grommets to arrive. The contacts are dirty on the band switches. Most of the time I just lubricate switches with good-ol WD-40, and everything works OK. Im wondering if I should buy a spray can of "deox-it" to spray all the contacts with before re-assembly? Is that really necessary? In most cases, WD-40 cant be beat relubing on switches and vol controls. Also, the schemat calls for a #55 dial lamp in the dial-lamp socket. I have almost every other type of dial replacement lamps in-house, except for the #55 round type lamp. I read on Chucks site that the shadowmeter lamp in this 37-630 matches a # 44 dial lamp which I have plenty of in stock. What do you guys use? I probably have one somewhere. Any & all your "tips" would be greatly appreciated! Randal

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 08-04-2007, 07:09 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 08-09-2007, 09:23 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 08-09-2007, 09:44 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 08-09-2007, 10:17 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 08-09-2007, 10:42 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 08-09-2007, 11:29 PM