Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Question About Wards Airline Radio

Hi TA, and thanks for the reply.

The lable gives the model #, 115 Volts, 60 cycles, 100 watts and some RCA patent #'s, also Hazeltine. There's a decal on the chassis that reads "This Model Approved by RMA Member Engineering Institute". The chassis is copper color, and the finish on the cabinet is in incrediblly fine condition. I'll get some pictures soon.

It may not be all that collectible but the cabinet is beautiful. I guess it's an eight leg, or perhaps more accurately 8 footed lowboy. Only online reference I can find, aside from links to a schematic, is an illustration and some specs from radiomuseum. The illustration is from Stein's erroneous book, (he considers Philco radios low end), on pre-war consoles. It's AM only but has a rather large dial with U.S radio station call letters from the west coast, mid section, and east coast. All of the tubes are the "ST' type and various manufacturers. Someone took very good care of this radio. Original wooden knobs are present. You're probably right about it being made by Wells Gardner. They made my BC-348N too.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question About Wards Airline Radio - by Michael Dennis - 01-07-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Question About Wards Airline Radio - by Arran - 01-08-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Question About Wards Airline Radio - by Arran - 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM