Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Question About Wards Airline Radio

William Grunow parted company from Grigsby-Grunow a year or two before it went under I think, G.G went bankrupt in 1934 and was reformed in Majestic Radio and TV which went into slow but steady decline until Wilcox Gay took them over in the late 1940s. William Grunow I'm pretty sure was a co-founder in General Household Utilities as the radios they produced from 1934-35 onward were all labeled as "Grunow". US Radio and TV was known for producing "Gloritone" sets around the time that this Airline was made so I don't doubt that they would have built private label sets for Wards, Wards contracted with several manufacturers including Wells Gardner and Belmont to make sets for them. I did not know that US Radio and TV had any involvement with General Household Utilities but it sort of ads up as they disappeared roughly around the time that Grunow brand sets hit the market.
Regards
Arran

P.S I noticed that Radiomuusium seems to have U.S Radio and TV and U.S Apex mixed up, one was based in Marion Indiana, the other in Chicago, not really a surprise coming from that site.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question About Wards Airline Radio - by Arran - 01-08-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Question About Wards Airline Radio - by Arran - 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM