Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-1201 Bing Crosby - Feet? Screws? Clips for Bottom?

No worries Arran. Thanks for that. I decided just to "wing it" since I last posted and ordered bumpers and the sheet metal screws to mount them.

I guessed (based on what you had written) that you meant width, seeing that the majority of the radio aftermarket bumpers are .5" in height. Whether that's vintage spec, I've no idea, but from what I've gathered (by the lack of response here and the lack of info from the vendors that I contacted) not many folks care that much about feet being vintage correct - at least the rubber kind. Icon_lol

My limitations of screw hole size, height, and width oddly narrowed down my choice (or lack thereof) to a slightly tapered passthrough bumper.

The only "mystery" left for me which I had to just truly "wing" was the type of screw.

I went with one similar (but smaller) to the chassis mounts (on mine and replacements), as these styles would also tap the hole for me if needed (though really the base isn't that thick for threads). I just wanted something that would drill and grab.

Worse cases scenario, I have screws that I can re-use elsewhere. Icon_lol

[As always, AFTER I ordered I began to wonder if hole inserts similar to anchors used in drywall today had been used - given I had such a difficult time matching holes to screws (to bumpers). Do you see anything like that?]

What you really can help me with now Arran, if possible, is to check to see if you have any mounting hardware left on your frame for clipping the cover to the base - I suppose similar to the pins used for backs?

I found one such "clip" (below). I imagine there were at least two more purely based on the holes available on the frame and my repro cover not used by feet.

I'm just wondering if my guess is correct, is where to buy them? I'm talking with Mark at oldradioparts.net to see what he has. (He's been extremely cool about my weird foot screw fascination Icon_lol ).

[Feet, screws, and bottoms. I wonder how this post will index on the search engines! Icon_lol ]

Thanks!
---

Here is my on "clip" with the repro base slid into it (crookedly since I only have one and no screws yet):

Messages In This Thread
RE: 46-1201 Bing Crosby - Feet? Screws? Clips for Bottom? - by awc71 - 02-01-2013, 02:12 AM